• 250g peeled chickpeas (soaked for a night in water)
• 4 chopped onions
• 6 tbsp. Laconian Legacy olive oil
• 8 sprigs of chopped fresh parsley
• 8 sprigs of chopped fresh coriander
• 3 cloves of garlic
• 4 tbsp. flour
• 1cm cumin
• 1cm paprika
• 1cm powdered coriander
• 1/3 tsp. ginger powder
• 1/3 tsp. cinnamon
• 1/3 tsp. powdered powder (optional
• 200 g. yoghurt
• 1 tsp. tahini
• 4 tbsp. Laconian Legacy olive oil
• 30 ml of water
• a few drops of lemon juice
Put the chickpeas in the water from the previous day and let them soften.
• Drain them well from the water and put them in a blender, add the onion, parsley, coriander, garlic, cumin, olive oil and pulse very well.
• Transfer the mixture to a bowl, salt and pepper, add the flour and mix well.
• Then roll small round falafels.
• Put the falafel on a non-stick surface, sprinkle with a little olive oil and bake on the grill at 200o C for 10-15 minutes, turning over.
• In the meantime, prepare the yogurt sauce by mixing the ingredients in a bowl to give a slightly creamy appearance.
Serve with the sauce or alternatively add iceberg lettuce or tomato and wrap in an Arabic sandwich pie