220 g Laconian Legacy olive oil
• 50 g honey
• 90 g water
• 100 g. Brown sugar
• 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp. Cloves
• 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
• 1 tsp. baking soda
• 1 vanilla
• Juice and zest from an orange (125g)
• 520 g. flour
• 1/2 tsp. baking powder
• 130 g semolina
for the syrup
• 250g water
• 500 g black or brown sugar
• Juice from a lemon
• 250 g. honey
• a cinnamon stick
• 3-4 cloves
If you want sugar-free syrup boil 250 ml of water with a cinnamon stick and let 3-4 cloves cool, add 750 g of honey and a few drops of lemon
Start the recipe by making the syrup first
• Boil water, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and cloves.
• Remove from the heat and after cooling, add the honey.
• In a bowl with a hand wire, mix the flour, baking powder and semolina.
• In another bowl, dissolve the baking soda in the orange juice until foaming. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
• Mix the flour, baking powder and semolina mixture by hand, stirring by hand until a soft dough comes out.
• Catch the melomakarona in small oval balls.
• Slightly press your finger on the surface of a grater or sieve to give them their characteristic shape.
• Finally bake the melomakarona on a nonstick baking tray for 15-20 minutes at 175 ° C until a nice ruby red color.
• Remove from the oven and immediately pour into the bowl with cold syrup.
• Immerse them in it and mix with a spoon for about 1.5 minutes. (Try if they have enough syrup in the center by cutting them in the middle by hand!)
• Finally take the spoonful of syrup out of the syrup and sprinkle it on a plate sprinkling with grated walnut..